The BCSLS Annual Congress is our premiere event of the year, bringing together laboratory professionals, educators, and industry representatives from across the province and nationally.
Speakers are being confirmed now. We will post updates in March.
Opening ceremonies - Hang on to your PPE, Lab Science Superstars! The BEST Is Back! Yes! Dr. Shirley Best, the hilarious Stress Management Expert, Workplace Wellness Advocate and Certified Credit Card Utilization consultant is here again this year to enlighten us with her witty wisdom as to how best to to stay afloat on the Tides of Change. Dare to be There! Warning: Due to excessive, laughter-inducing content, incontinence supplies may be necessary for some viewers.
WE ARE STILL CONFIRMING ANOTHER 12 SPEAKERS AND TOPICS!
- Ask and you shall receive
- ABO/D discrepancies
- Anatomical Pathology and BC's Agency for Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Back Health
- British Columbia Opioid Crisis
- Changing Lives with Fecal Microbiota Transplantation
- Encouraging Critical Thinking in Learning and Teaching
- Gastrointestinal Pathogen Multiplex Panel
- Mass Spectrometry in the Clinical Laboratory
- MMR & Gyne Pathology
- Pre-analytical Truth or Myth
- Role of the Laboratory in the Diagnosis of Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- The Revolution.... and Nutrition
- The Social and Environmental Determinants of Health: From Fracking to Climate Change
- The Value of "Labs": Traffic Lights and Road Signs on the Boulevard of Patient-Centred Care
- Timeliness in Newborn Screening
- Transfusion Medicine History - A Person Perspective
- Black Widow spider bite
- Code White......Really?
- Fibrinogen: A New Adventure!
- From Staph to Staff to Patient: The Life and Implications of MRSA
- Future of Medical Laboratory Science: who has the crystal ball?
- ISO 15189 What It Is and How it Affects Your Laboratory
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence
- Neonatal Pain and Phlebotomy
- Patient Centered phlebotomy
- Platelet Rich Plasma
- Proficiency Testing : Ongoing Monitoring between Accreditation Assessments
- Stress … How Does It Affect You and Your Workplace
- The Memory Thing
- The Uniqueness of Pediatric Laboratory Medicine
- What's New in Newborn Screening?
- With This One Weird Trick, Laboratories Can Save Money and Improve Care!
- Work Safe Home Safe
- Anxiety Anyone?
- Blood Cancers 101
- Celiac Disease and the Gluten-Free Diet
- Conflict Resolution
- Doctors without Borders: Challenges of Limited Diagnostics in Low Resource Settings
- In your Brain
- Synoptic Reporting in AP
- Your Mental Wellness and the CSMLS Mental Health Toolkit