Telehealth seminars are for Laboratory Professionals across BC. Throughout the year we offer topics specific to your profession, Leadership and personal interest. BCSLS will do a live broadcast to our telehealth sites across BC. A 2 hour seminar with time for Q&A.
- Costs: BCSLS Members - $25, Non-members - $50.
- Many employers will pay for your member price to attend... ask them!
- Small groups (2-50 people) can participate from their closest site location. See the Site Lists
- We now have WebEx capabilities. You can participate from your own computer. Only 25 spots available! Register using the individual registration link for each Telehealth
April 19, Thursday 5pm!! NEW TIME this month only
shingles, what we need to know
Ghada Al-Rawahi, MD, DTM&H (London), D(ABMM), FRCPC
- Review Varicella Zoster Virus (VZV)
- Describe Shingles with regard to:
- epidemiology, risk factors, clinical manifestations, infection prevention and control measures, and available vaccines
Dr. Al-Rawahi completed her residency in Medical Microbiology with the UBC Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine in 2007. She is a Medical Microbiologist at BC Children’s and Women’s Health Centre and the Medical Lead for infection prevention and control at the BC Cancer. She is also a Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, UBC
April Registration options:
- Site Coordinators must email me to tell me of site participation. Book your room and Alias. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Individuals who have an employer who will pay then tell your site coord and they will let me know that you have participated
- Individuals attending at a site and paying for themselves. Click here
- Individuals using WebEx. Click here to register. Closes at 4pm
Links for April SITE COORDINATORS:
For technical difficulties during Telehealth, call the PHSA tech support number (604-209-6490)
Below links are posted 1-7 days in advance. This is due to the timing of receiving the speakers presentation.