Telehealth seminars are for Laboratory Professionals across BC. Throughout the year we offer topics specific to your profession, Leadership and personal interest. BCSLS will do a live broadcast to our telehealth sites across BC. A 2 hour seminar with time for Q&A.
- Costs: BCSLS Members - $25, Non-members - $50.
- Many employers will pay for your member price to attend... ask them!
- Small groups (2-50 people) can participate from their closest site location. See the Site Lists
- We now have WebEx capabilities. You can participate from your own computer. Only 25 spots available! Register using the individual registration link for each Telehealth
June 26, 2018 6-8pm
Direct Oral Anticoagulants - A Comprehensive History and Current Developments
With Terence Litavec
Direct Oral Anticoagulant (DOAC) medications are a relatively new class of antithrombotic agents prescribed to patients who have displayed adverse reactions to traditional anticoagulant therapy. Patients who have developed Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia (HIT) antibodies due to prolonged heparin therapies have greatly benefitted from switching to DOAC’s for their antithrombotic regiments. However, DOAC’s utilize new mechanisms of clot prevention which have the ability to cause new abnormalities in routine coagulation assays that bench technologists must be able to identify during the daily process of assay analysis.
This presentation will provide a comprehensive history of the development of DOAC medications, tips for identifying patients taking DOAC’s while performing coagulation assays, as well as an outline of the current advances and new, experimental therapies under investigation in this emerging field.
June Registration options:
- Site Coordinators must email me to tell me of site participation. Book your room and Alias. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Individuals who have an employer who will pay then tell your site coord and they will let me know that you have participated
- Individuals attending at a site and paying for themselves. Click here
- Individuals using WebEx. Click here to register. Registration Closes at 3pm on June 26th
Links for June SITE COORDINATORS:
For technical difficulties during Telehealth, call the PHSA tech support number (604-209-6490)
Below links are posted 1-7 days in advance. This is due to the timing of receiving the speakers presentation.