Back to Basics:
Hematology & Chemistry
These distance education courses have been designed and developed as a refresher or bridging program for Medical Laboratory Professionals working or wanting to work in the Healthcare System.
Back to basics (BtB)
Back to Basics (BtB) has been designed and developed:
- for Laboratory Technologists who are currently working in the system, who are seeking comprehensive continuing education and renewed competency.
- For Those who may have been on maternity or other leave and who are seeking to re-enter the workforce.
- As a refresher course to bring you "back up to speed" with the latest technology, testing, systems, protocols and procedures.
- For Internationally Educated Medical Laboratory Technologists (IEMLTs) who are hoping to work in the Canadian Health Care System and who are seeking the necessary credentials to do so.
- The Hematology & Chemistry components are "pre-approved" by the CSMLS as a recognized refresher course for IEMLTs. Designed to help you meet the objectives set out in a "Learning Plan".
- This is a distance education course
- You can start at any time
- You are given 4 months to complete the course(s)
- There are review questions for you to complete but no assignments to hand in
- There is an online exam for each course.
BCSLS members | Non-members | International:
1 Course: $399 | 1 Course: $499 | 1 Course: $599
2 Courses: $599 | 2 Courses: $699 | 2 Courses: $799
**Much more cost effective if both components (Chemistry & Hematology) are purchased at the same time.
The Back to Basics Program [Chemistry and Hematology] is owned and copyrighted  by the BC Society of Laboratory Science [BCSLS]. Any reproduction, in whole or in part , is strictly prohibited. All components are for individual personal use only. Duplication, teaching or sharing of any materials are also strictly prohibited. IF you are interested in using the Back to Basics as a teaching aid or for educational purposes, we will entertain a licensing agreement.